Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dec. 14 Doctor Visit

I went to the doctor again yesterday. I feel like I'm there all the time! I arrived at 4:07 and told the receptionist that I was to have a non-stress test (NST) so that the nurse would go ahead and hook me up. I know the nurse got the message because I heard the receptionist telling her on the intercom system, but I was not called to a room until 4:50!! I was a little upset, but I have to keep my cool so my blood pressure doesn't elevate (it was good yesterday!). After chasing the baby in order to find his heart beat (apparently he still has a lot of room in there), I was left to the whooshing of a wonderful sounding heartbeat for 30 minutes. It is very relieving to hear that sound, so strong and so perfect! When the doctor arrived he looked over the test results and told me that everything looked really good. Yay! But I still have to have one every week until the end. Ugh. He was pleased with everything, but my sugar levels gave him a little to be concerned over. We discussed the fact that I can eat the same thing for two days and on day one my sugar will be fine, but the next it will jump tremendously. He basically told me that I would probably be put on medications next week to control everything. I, however, brushed that off because I have done everything I possibly could to stay off any meds while pregnant. Until today. My sugar was high for half of the readings this weekend. Ok. I indulged a little. But yesterday and today I ate normal, healthy meals. What do I get? High, high readings. Higher than they've been the whole time. Looks like I may be on medication by Christmas anyway. I just keep praying that Little Man is ok, that his lungs are maturing (just in case) and that he doesn't get HUGE! The doctor doesn't want him to weigh over 8 pounds. I find that funny since Ethan weighed 9 1/2 without diabetes complications. I also hope that when he is born his sugar levels are stable and that the diabetes doesn't cause him to have a terrible case of jaundice. So many worries for a little person that I've never seen. I know I'm rambling, but this is how my brain has worked for the past few months. I'm going to stop for now. I'll be back with more updates soon. MK

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this not fun part of pregnancy. He will be here soon and all the worries will be over with. I bought little man something cute last weekend! I was thinking of your mom tonight. Daniel should have offered her a ride. Take care.