Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This has been a very fun Halloween weekend. I love watching how excited the boys are and it reminds me of how fun things were when I was a kid.

Friday was Ethan's party at daycare and he was uber excited to dress up and have a party! He was bouncing off the walls when I picked him up, but it was okay because he shared some of his candy with Mama! Yay for me!

We got to Grandma's and Elijah was mesmerized by the balloon that Ethan had gotten from his teacher. I asked Elijah why he didn't get a party and since Grandma is who she is, she went and got him a lollipop to take home. No problem...I'll let him after he eats...or so I thought.

This is what I found when I went to get him out of the car! This child loves a sucker and has gone after everyone he could find this weekend as though he was starving and this was all he could find!
Saturday morning before we went out for last minute errands, I was busy cleaning and put Elijah down for his nap. I noticed he stopped crying and that Ethan had disappeared. I went in their room to discover this oh so sweet scene.

And I had to do a mini photo shoot for Elijah's first Halloween. He's so cute, but I guess I am a little partial.


And he's becoming so mobile!


Then it was time to paint pumpkins! Ethan loved it and he worked so hard!


Elijah tried, but it was a little difficult. He was cute anyways!

Ethan showing off his work.



And the costumes!!! Grandma helped me out and made Elijah's for me. I just loved it!




And I loved watching him crawl!


And Ethan gave me a challenge this year. When I asked him what he wanted to be, he exclaimed, "A Fire Flier!" After a Google search, I discovered that some creativity would definitely be involved to make a lightning bug costume. This is what we came up with...





So after we got more than our share of candy, we headed home last night and retired two of the cutest costumes we could come up with. I think this has been my favorite Halloween as a mom. Hope yours was wonderful as well!

No comments: