Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I did it...

I quit my job. It was much easier than I thought it would be. There have been a few moments when I think I must have lost my small mind, but mostly, I'm glad I did it. We'll see if I feel the same way when I'm not earning a regular paycheck for the first time in a very long time.

If you'll think back with me, you'll remember that I agonized over this decision all summer long. I was pretty miserable thinking about it. I tried to change things. I interviewed at another school, was offered the position, but in the end I just couldn't do it. My plan was to teach this year and then teach online classes next year. I couldn't go through the stress of learning the ropes at a new school just to leave in a year, never mind how that would affect the students at the school. So I decided to stay put. But little did I know then how stressful things would be. Then  there's my personal life. I have hated every morning that I had to leave my little men. Ethan loves school, but Elijah and Ezra need their mama and there wasn't anything left for me to give in the three hours I got daily. Add to that the fact that I'm temporarily a single mother for the work week and Ronnie and I decided that it was time for their to be a parent at home all day. Last, but definitely not least, there's the spiritual aspect of raising our children. We have really struggled with the fact that the most important thing for us to instill in our children is God's love. In the past year we've come to see more and more that the things of this world pass away so we need to prepare our family (and others we meet) to spend eternity with God. We feel that the best way to ensure proper guidance for our children is to do it ourselves.

All that said, the Kidd house is stepping out on faith. I don't anticipate it being easy, but I look forward to being with my family more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you! God will bless you!!

Now you will have time to come visit me ;)