Monday, November 23, 2009

GD

So I went to the dietician this morning for my Gestational Diabetes Tutorial.

I was so overjoyed that I overslept, realized it, and hit the snooze button. I finally got up, got myself ready and figured that there was no way I could get Ethan to anybody and then get myself to the doctor so I told him that he would have to go with me.

He is quite a little guy. He played fairly well while I did everything I had to. He has even gotten so good with his big boy underwear that when he shouted "Mama, I have to pee!" in the middle of the hour and a half meeting, I rushed him out to the potty. He poised himself for the potty ritual and then told me that he couldn't do it. No problem. However, I finally caught onto him after we washed our hands and started back to the office and he whined, "No, I don't wanna go back in there with that lady." Isn't that sweet.

As for me, I learned a little. The internet sources I previously researched turned out to be fairly accurate. I was taught about carbs, proteins and fats, was told how many of each I could have and then was taught how to use a glucometer. Now I have been instructed to eat 3 meals a day and have at least 2 snacks. The only problem is that I prefer ice cream for snack rather than fruit and cheese. I'll get over it. But you can bet I'll be sneaking fudge and pecan logs at Christmas dinner. The worst part is checking my sugar 4 times a day. And one would think that the actual pricking of the finger is the worst, but I find that squeezing out enough blood to test is what hurts me the most. I'll survive.

I think that's enough with the boring details. The good news is that baby is still healthy and we only have 9 weeks left...that is...if we go all the way!

No comments: