Friday, January 15, 2010

38 Week Visit

Sorry! I'm a little late with this post since it's already Friday and I went to the doctor on Monday. Honestly, I didn't feel like posting because I was a little disappointed. My goal with this pregnancy was to keep my BP down so I wouldn't have to be induced. However, I was diagnosed with GD, which threw a kink in things. I really tried to control my sugar levels, but have been put on medication to keep them in check. Then the insurance company started refusing to pay for test strips, leading to more stress. So here I am and my blood pressure has started going up again. Bummer! When I went to my weekly appointmen I was really hoping that the doctor would tell me that I was dilating, blah, blah, blah and that baby could come any day. Apparently not! When the doctor checked me he was shocked that he couldn't feel the baby and actually had to poke around on my giant belly to figure out where the child was. Baby was definitely not as low as he should have been. And to top it off dr. told me that I really wasn't dilated more than a fingertip. Great. He told me to go home and "have some contractions." Thanks for the advice buddy. Then came the moment that I had been dreading. "When do you want to schedule your induction?" WHAT?!!? Ummm....I don't. Like that would have gone over well. He wanted to do it on Monday, but I told him I had to go to work on Tuesday (am I really that dedicated?). In the end I was scheduled for Thursday, the 21st. So my goal now is to go into labor before that day gets here. We'll see how I do. I'll let you know how my next weekly appointment goes on Monday.

No comments: