Friday, January 15, 2010

Grad School?

Moore County does this cool thing where they team up with the local community college and UNCP to offer a Masters in K-12 Reading at SCC for their teachers. I had heard about it, but never got interested. This past year I researched going to UNCG for a Masters in Spanish or ESL, but knew that I wouldn't be able to afford the $1500 per class or handle the hour long drive each way. So when my colleague mentioned the reading cohort the other day I started asking questions. Classes are less than 30 minutes from here (less than 45 from home) and are only around $500 each! Everything is pre-planned and I can be finished sooner than if I went to UNCG. So it seems that I may be starting grad school this summer. I have started my UNCP application (again...8 years later) and researched everything that needs to be done before I can be accepted and enrolled. I may be crazy, but I think I'm going to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are not crazy...go for it.. that way you won't have to sit back and say "what if" and if you need help with the kids while you are in school you know I am here....all ya gotta do is call.....can't help you money wise but I can help keep the boys so you can go to school and study....

theoutsyder83 said...

Go for it! Then we can complain about grad school together!

But seriously, its probably a great investment. You really should go for it, especially if you're getting it conveniently and (relatively) cheap.