Tuesday, June 8, 2010

100!

This is my 100th post. It's been a long time coming. So much has been going on since Elijah arrived that my blog has fallen behind, unfortunately. Once I realized that the next post would be number 100, I wanted to do something big, but I really don't have anything out of the ordinary. I'll just give some of the day-to-day updates, which in my world add up to be extradordinary.

*Elijah is growing so quickly. No longer is he my little newborn baby, he is rapidly getting to the fun and cute baby stage. He weighed in at 11 pounds and 5 ounces at his 4 month appointment, which was only a gain of 2 pounds in 2 months. Therefore, we'll be going back to the doctor this month for another weight check. I have since started him on a few solids. We began with rice cereal and have moved on to bananas. He seems to really like to eat! He has already started holding his head up really well, has rolled from his tummy to his back, sits up with assistance and smiles the most gorgeous toothless grins you have ever seen.

*Ethan is growing too! He is in the 97th percentile for his height and off the charts for his weight. He is going to be a big guy like his daddy. He is so much fun these days as he explores the world around him. He loves anything to do with a farm, he longs to run around outside all day and he adores his little brother. He had his first pet, a rooster (courtesy of B), Brewster the Rooster, for about 2 weeks before an untimely demise. To hear Ethan tell it, "a 'possum et my rooster." He wants horses and cows in a fence in the front yard and a chicken "house" in the back. He continues to love tractor rides and his new favorite ride is his daddy's Jeep. He digs holes in the front yard to find buried treasure, he plants flowers and veggies and blows bubbles off the front porch. But he still refuses to use the pedals on his bike as it is so much easier to push with his feet. He gives Elijah kisses and hugs like nobody's business and protects him at Gram Jackie's like an over protective mother.

*Ronnie is still working at Wilson Brothers and really enjoys what he's doing. He's thinking about going back to school, but we're still researching his options. I don't know what else to say about him, other than the fact that he is a wonderful husband and father. He is so good with the boys and I love watching him with them. It just melts my heart!

*I have gone back to work and will finish up the semester this week. It has been a challenge getting to work with 2 small kids, but I have survived. Barely. I don't think I've gotten to school before 8.00 in 2 weeks, but it's ok. I have been more exhausted than I have ever been in my life, but I wouldn't trade what I have for anything in the world. I have a great husband and two beautiful children that I adore! My house may not be clean and I may not get everything done on time, but we're happy and healthy and I'm most thankful for that. Each day it becomes a little more clear to me how blessed I am and I don't want to take my family for granted.

Sorry that my 100th post wasn't amazing, but I wanted to update everyone about this crazy Kidd world that I am so happy to live in. Take care!

No comments: