Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Summer

I am really enjoying the summer break thus far. The best part is being with my boys! Ethan and Elijah are so much fun to be with and I wouldn't trade our days together for anything. Ronnie, on the other hand, is a different story. Just kidding! I love being around him too, but it seems that everytime I have time to be at home he has to go over the road and be gone for days at a time. Oh well. But we make the most of the time we have together when he is home!

Last week was a pretty productive week. I got Elijah's pictures made. I normally do pics every three months. I didn't get around to his 3 month pics until this week...less than a week before he turned 5 months. Bad mama! I'll try not to do that again.

I also got the living room painted.
Before
After
My Little Helper
I am constantly being reminded of how Ethan is growing up right before my eyes. I can't believe how mature he acts sometimes. We are having VBS at church this week. Last night he was such a big boy and listened to his teacher so well. He even told me what the lesson was about. I peeped in on him before everything was over and this is what I saw:
him sitting quietly while painting and following directions! He definately doesn't do that at home. As evidenced below. He was yelling for me this morning saying that he needed me so I went to help. When I got to his room I didn't see him, but I heard a little voice say "I'm in here," from the opposite direction. I turned around and this is what I found:
He wasn't doing laundry! Dang it!
Now some pics of my other little guy. He is growing like crazy and is getting to the really fun stage. He "talks" and is full of giggles and belly laughs. And his big blue eyes have me mesmerized! Here he is in his little seat like a big man:
And here he is in his gangster-ish attire. I know he just loves it when his brother dresses him!

No comments: