Thursday, May 23, 2013

31 Weeks

I saw Dr. Richardson on Wednesday to check up on Baby Girl. I just went last week, but since I was started on medications to control Gestational Diabetes, the doctor wanted to keep an eye on my glucose levels.

Here are the highlights:
*I lost 1lb.! I've really gained too much weight this go around so I can most definitely handle a loss at this point. So I've been on the GD diet for 2 weeks and have maintained weight.

*Medication started at the previous checkup will stay the same for another week. 2.5mg of Glyburide at night to keep my fasting numbers down. But if they continue to creep up I'll be started on a morning and evening dose next week. I'm happy as long as I don't have to give myself insulin shots!

*Due to me taking meds for GD, I will be getting another ultrasound to make sure Baby Girl isn't a little too much on the chunky side. And to make sure that her growth isn't slowing due to the medications. It's been scheduled for next Thursday before my normal appointment.

*I don't have to start NSTs (non-stress tests) yet. Depending on which doctor I see, I'm told a different week to start them. I imagine it will be soon though.

*Nothing has been mentioned about induction yet. I really want to go into labor on my own, but I'm afraid that an induction will be necessary around 39 weeks like it has been in the past. I've had more intense Braxton Hicks contractions this time than I had with any of the boys so maybe my body has figured out how to go into labor on its own. We'll just have to wait and see on this one.

No comments: