Monday, May 13, 2013

Getting Through It

I hate that I vented in my last post, but I was just keeping things real. Everything isn't always wonderful and I want to remember that when I look back through my posts. (Since I've had this blog awhile, I love going back and reading old posts.) Sometimes life gets tough, and I almost titled this post, "Getting Over It," but that's not what we do. We don't "get over things." We take each experience and use it to shape who we are afterwards. We don't have things happen and then forget they ever happened. We work through things. We learn. We struggle. We pray. We work. We make it through. And that's what I'm doing. Sure, it's tough being a mother, a wife, a daughter, granddaughter, sister, aunt, a friend. But I don't want to get over any of those roles. I want to continue those roles and enjoy the path that I'm on.

The last post helped me to remind myself to look at what I've been blessed with and I've enjoyed listening to a dear young lady (actually a former student) sing a song entitled, "I Have Been Blessed." If you have a chance, you should give it a listen.

And special thanks to my friend, Renee, for reminding me of the following scripture:
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: