Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What's In A Name - Part 3

Part 3 means that we are to our third son. And, I must confess, when we were told "boy" for the third time, we had no name prospects whatsoever.

Ezra getting ready to go home.

By this point we felt that we needed to use another "E" name and that it should probably be biblical. That didn't leave very many options. We tossed around a few names and had decided that we liked Ezekiel. That was the baby's name and we just needed to find a middle name to go with it. But then we had a discussion and decided that we might like Ezra better. We were so indecisive! Finally, not long before he was born, we decided that we like Ezra and that would be baby's name. Ezra, incidentally, means "help" (another Hebrew name) and the Lord knew I was going to need help with this child!

But then we needed a middle name. Gosh! Naming babies is hard! We talked about names that are in each of our families and decided that William was well represented on both sides, and it's a good, solid male name. Then there's the fact that every time I was pregnant one of my colleagues would rub my belly saying, "I know there's a Will in there!" Her son was William and he is a great young man whom I wouldn't mind my boys looking up to. 

And not long before he was born, we decided that this little man would be Ezra William.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Precious pictures of your sweet kids! I think its so important to choose a name that means something, an name they can aspire to, and I love the names you have picked out!

Kreative Kidd said...

Thank you so much, Lauren!