It's funny this year because he understands that he has to hold another finger up when we ask him how old he's going to be and he's been walking around the house singing, "happy birthday to me!" over and over again for two days.
Elijah is truly a special child! He cracks me up with his words...the ones we understand anyways. He now calls me "Ma-he" and he tells us all kinds of the things that make us wonder what goes through that adorable blonde head. Just this week he has taken to carrying an old (really old) camera from a Game Boy around the house, yelling "9-9-1" into it and telling me he's going on a "chire tall!" (fire call). He then puts his "pay her" (pager) into the side of his underwear, puts on a baseball cap, grabs a toy gun, and takes off!
We're not doing big parties this year so we decided to make dinner at Grandma Jackie's house since his birthday was the day that we normally eat there anyway. He chose meatballs so we added noodles and salads for the meal.
Crushing cookies for his cake.
This is the first year I've asked him these questions and I got some interesting responses. Enjoy!
1. What is your favorite color? Pointed at orange marker.
2. What is your favorite toy? kitchen - pointed at play pot
3. What is your favorite fruit? pointed at Mama
4. What is your favorite tv show? Boy ones!
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Meatball!
6. What is your favorite outfit? Bumblebee
7. What is your favorite game? 1
8. What is your favorite snack? 1
9. What is your favorite animal? shark (said "chalk")
10. What is your favorite song? Started singing Jesus loves me
11. What is your favorite book? read
12. Who is your best friend? TT is my best friend!
13. What is your favorite cereal? 1
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? knock
15. What is your favorite drink? Kool-Aid
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas (yelled)
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? a book
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Spaghetti
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Meatballs and spaghetti
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Bumblebee! I'm gonna transform!