So, what's up with Mr. Ethan? He has been in kindergarten since August and absolutely loves it! He is so smart and well-behaved - he makes Ronnie and me very proud! He has excelled in everything he's done at school. I remember about the second week of school he got upset one night while he was doing his homework because Mrs. York hadn't taught him to read yet. I had to explain that he needed to know certain words before he could read and he has dutifully learned all of his kindergarten sight words before Christmas! He's working on 1st grade ones now and he's picking them up really easily. And he's reading! He loves when he has to read for homework and gets so thrilled when he can pick out words from random articles, signs, books, etc. He's actually reading on a 1st grade level too! He even enjoys math (are we sure he's mine? lol). He counts, adds, subtracts, does bar graphs and all kinds of cool stuff. He completes a whole week of homework in one night and forgets about it the rest of the time. He even got nominated to be in his school's musical in a few months. I'm just so proud of how well he's doing.
The best news I have about Ethan is that he got saved! Praise the Lord! The Sunday after his birthday I was driving him and his brothers home when he asked, "Guess what, Mama!" "What, Baby?" " I got saved!" "You did? When?" "One night laying in my bed I asked Jesus to come into my heart and He did!" When we got home he ran into the house to tell Ronnie (stayed home sick) and has been telling people ever since. It is truly amazing to see God work in my little boy's heart!
Here are his questions for this year:
1. What is your favorite color? Blue and red.
2. What is your favorite toy? Transformers.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Oranges.
4. What is your favorite tv show? Curious George and Wild Kratts.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Oranges.
6. What is your favorite outfit? Motorcycle shirt and blue pants (jeans).
7. What is your favorite game? Lightning McQueen.
8. What is your favorite snack? Cereal.
9. What is your favorite animal? Giraffes.
10. What is your favorite song? O Magnify the Lord
11. What is your favorite book? A number book.
12. Who is your best friend? Lane
13. What is your favorite cereal? Fruit Loops
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play on slides and swings.
15. What is your favorite drink? Kool Aid - Fruit Punch
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. Because it snows.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My big horse pillow.
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Bananas and oatmeal.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza