Monday, September 20, 2010

The Simple Life

There hasn't been too much going on around here lately. We've just been living the simple life. I took the GRE on Saturday as a result of a crazy idea I had in the spring when I decided that I want to go back to grad school. I did ok, not great. I'm just glad to have it over. While I was in the 'boro Ronnie took care of the boys and as a result, Ethan didn't get his nap. Here he is on the couch Saturday night after sitting down with a cup of milk to watch cartoons. It didn't take long at all for him to pass out cold. He barely opened his eyes as Ronnie carried him to the bed later on.

Elijah is still sitting around like a big boy. And he still refuses to crawl. I'm waiting on him to just start walking around one day. So here's a picture of him since I can't post without sharing one of him too!
And finally. The evening meal at our mad house is usually very unorganized and usually involves something frozen or canned. Unless it works in the GT Express or toaster oven, chances are that it won't get cooked. Most of this is my fault: I'm extremely tired when I get home, then I have to deal with the boys on my own, I didn't get to the grocery store, and the list goes on with excuses for not cooking. However, yesterday Ethan and I went to the grocery store and got several things to prepare for yummy cooked meals. Since Ronnie was not here for supper tonight we tried one that he probably wouldn't like anyway. (He is SUPER picky, but not very critical of the things I make for us to try when all or most ingredients are on his approved list.) I found a recipe for Chicken Bundles and decided to try it. Of course I didn't have all the ingredients so I substituted and added mushrooms (Ronnie's second to least fave). I think they look really cute and they tasted pretty good too!

I think that's all I have tonight. I'm going to go get my icy chocolate milk from the freezer, make Ethan go to bed and watch some silly TV show before I crash. Good night all!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Very cute chicken bundles! And you are supposed to cook and not tell Ronnie what is in it.

Kreative Kidd said...

Why thank you! I thought they were adorable myself. They're different than Mama's...no rice. And it doesn't work too well when I don't share the ingredients with Ronnie so I quit doing that. :)

Anonymous said...

you are a superwoman! you really are!