Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fun Day

Yesterday was Fun Day at NM. I was really excited. Can you sense the sarcasm? The kids were crazy. I was crazy. I didn't want to be there, but we can't take anymore days this year. At 12:45 I dutifully went out to the baseball field with Amy to man the obstacle course. Everything was fine until the principal told a group of senior boys that they could launch the 200+ water balloons they filled last night and hauled to school in coolers. A couple teachers and I stood around as targets. They got one. They got her again. And again. They came close to the other, but they never hit me. Whew...I didn't really want to be wet all afternoon anyways, but it was fun teasing them. All the balloons were gone and a few of us were standing around laughing and talking when I heard my name being called. It was the entire group of water balloon boys. They were asking me if I thought I was good since I didn't get hit. I teased back that they needed better aim. So on and so forth. They then showed me inside the cooler. Half full of water. Before I knew what was happening two guys had grabbed each of my arms. I tried to run. I screamed. I stopped so they wouldn't rip my shirt off of me. I would never have gotten away anyways. They dumped the whole thing over my head. I was a good sport. We all laughed and joked for a little while. There was no reason to get mad. They were just having a good time.

No comments: