Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day

This is going to be my third mother's day so I thought I would share a few thoughts about life with my 2-year-old.

First I must say that I have enjoyed every day of the past 3 years since I found out Ethan was on his way. He has always been a wonderful little person -- I couldn't have asked for a better little boy.

I'll be the first to admit that some days he gets on my nerves. Maybe he doesn't want to play with his toys while I'm doing something or maybe he's eating the tires off his tractors. Sometimes he's in a bad mood...maybe from a lack of a nap or because he really wants juice or milk right now or maybe he's just had one of those days. Here lately he gets upset at something and says "I can't do it!" or my personal favorite is when he throws his hands in the air and proclaims "I can't do this anymore!" Gee...wonder where he gets that from!

Some days he makes me laugh. Like last week when he used the handle of a jumprope as a microphone while he danced and sang like a lunatic. (Note he did not utter a sound when he had the mic at church the Sunday before.) Or like when he gets excited about something and starts telling us about it...so fast and full of words we don't know half the story. All we have to do is ask "What?" and we get the whole thing again. Lately he's decided he likes to count...all the time... He's pretty smart. He says them the EXACT same way everytime. 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10!!! Ok, maybe he does skip a few, but they're all in order. I finally tried to teach him a little Spanish. Since he obviously loves numbers I thought I would start there. He did really well...copied my sounds perfectly until we got to 7. I said "siete," he looked at me and my seven fingers. I said "siete" again. He looked at me very curiously. One more time I tried "siete." His face lit up, he held a finger up in the air and exclaimed "SEVEN!"

As you can tell from this post I laugh a lot more than not. He has been a ray of sunshine in our lives and I wouldn't change a thing about him. So I hope you all have a very happy day on Sunday and remember to always enjoy the good in your child(ren).

I love you, Munchkin!

No comments: